- Blog entry #5: Tell me about a time a movie took you to a different time and place. How did the filmmakers accomplish the task?
- We looked at lighting in film and how cinematographers use numerous types of lighting for a variety of purposes.
- Students took notes on the Lighting and Light Effects Outline. The PowerPoint presentation from today's lecture is available below:
4. Following the presentation we talked about how lighting in film can often go unnoticed if viewers are not paying attention, but when the audience sees bad lighting it is immediately recognizable. We watched the first twenty minutes of Ed Wood's infamous science fiction film Plan 9 from Outer Space. The film is public domain and is available to stream through YouTube.
- Read and take notes on pages 62-69 and 74-76 in Movies and Meaning. Make sure to pay close attention to lighting continuity and other material not covered in depth during the presentation.
- Finish Double Indemnity paper! SHARE VIA GOOGLE DOCS WITH MR. GOBLE PRIOR TO CLASS SEPTEMBER 18th.