- Today we began our new unit on cinematography.
- The class started with responding to the prompt in our blogs: what can books do that movies cannot? Provide examples and explanations.
- Following a discussion about the prompt we began the documentary American Cinema: Film Noir (you can watch it through the link below) and completed a film viewing guide about this period in film history.
- Following the film we discussed the guide, and the characteristics of film noir (French term meaning "black film").
- Read and take notes on pages 69-73 in Movies and Meaning.